Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Politics and Church...here we go...

I am typically not a political person. Politics actually seems quite silly to me. Nobody knows whats going on. We pay our taxes, and people fix our streets. I guess I just have so much going on in my microcosom that trying to figure out how the government works is about the same as trying to ace a calculus final. It just ain't going to happen.
What I do understand are idiots. They are all around us. In abundance. I just saw the most overt display of idiocy when I opened up yahoo today. There is a church based out of Kansas that says that it is Gods punishment when a soldier dies, because the military allows gays in the service. These people are standing along funeral processions holding these signs as the brave men and women who fight to uphold these peoples rights are being laid to rest.
I am straight. However, I 100% support the rights of homosexuals, whether it be their right to serve in the military, the right to get married, or the right to adopt children.
I am also the daughter of a man who served in the Army, and was brought up to have a great appreciation for those who risk their lives on a daily basis to keep me and my family safe. Whether they are straight, gay, black, white, or green with yellow polka dots.
So to see a sign that says "Thank God for dead soldiers" makes my blood boil.
You know, I think God has put aside a "special" place for these people when they die. All I have to say is, I hope these people like living where it's warm. Very, very warm.

1 comment:

  1. VERY well put, Amanda! Golly...I just can't imagine why church and state was ever seperated??
    These f'ers may think they have God on their side, but you and I know Karma. And word is, she can be a real bitch...

    ReplyDelete